TWO SITUATIONS THAT SPECTRAVET CAN BE USE
1. AS OPTION FOR METAPHYLAXIS
- Metaphylaxis is a term used to describe the timely mass medication of a group of animals to eliminate or minimize an expected outbreak.
- Preventative medication is when you apply an antibiotic to a flock of healthy birds with the goal of preventing a disease that might infect them.
- Metaphylactic treatment on the other hand is when you apply medication to a flock of susceptible birds with the goal of averting or minimizing the disease outbreak.
SPECTRAVET may not be recommended as 1st week PREVENTATIVE option for a flock of broiler chicks with no signs of infection but can be an effective and necessary option as METAPHYLACTIC treatment at 3rd-4th week of age where in the level of bacterial load in the farm has reach an infective rate as well as the stress that the birds are exposed to are becoming intolerable.
2. AS THERAPEUTIC REGIMEN
- SPECTRAVET can be a drug of choice for several respiratory and gastrointestinal infections. Its spectrum of activity extends to almost all commonly known bacterial infections we encounter under our local farming conditions. It has put in to work the principles of combination and supportive therapy quite effectively. A procedure that has been long before successfully implemented by human medicine.
PHARMACOKINETIC/PHARMACODYNAMIC OF SPECTRAVET
The activity of SPECTRAVET is “TIME-DEPENDENT”. Increasing the number of administration is the way to go rather than increasing the unitary doses. Thus, a computed dose must be given in multiple divided doses over a 12-hour period rather than giving it at once or twice in a shorter period of time.
Dose per 1000 birds per day to be given in equally divided doses over a 12-hour period.
1st Week - 30g/1000 Birds
2nd Week - 75g/1000 Birds
3rd Week - 150g/1000 Birds
4th Week - 240g/1000 Birds
5th Week - 345g/1000 Birds
SPECTRAVET is a highly effective combinations of broad spectrum antibiotics and essential multivitamins. Erythromycin is a macrolide that is bacteriostatic in action against mainly Gram-positive bacteria like Mycoplasma, Staphylococcus and Streptococcus spp. Oxytetracycline belongs to the group of tetracyclines having a bacteriostatic action against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria like Bordetella, Campylobacter, Chlamydia, E.coli, Haemophilus, Mycoplasma, Pasteurella, Rickettsia, Salmonella, Staphylococcus and Streptococcus spp. Florfenicol is a broad-spectrum synthetic antibiotic that is primarily bacteriostatic in action and is very effective against both Gram- positive and Gram-negative bacteria commonly isolated in animals. Colistin is an antibiotic from the group of polymyxins with a bactericidal action against Gram-negatives like E.coli, Haemophilus and Salmonella. Well balanced amount of Vitamins are added which are essential for proper operation of several physiological functions necessary during recovery period.
Keep as an option for treatment only.
Highly recommended in cases of suspected Polymicrobial Infections. Effective in counteracting bacterial tolerance against specific antibiotics and in averting development of bacterial resistance. It prevents incidence of bacterial superinfection, a common problem in prolonged antimicrobial therapy.
Concurrent administration with penicillines, cephalosphorines, quinolones and cycloserine. Administration to animals with an active microbiological digestion.
WITHDRAWAL PERIOD: 5 –7 days